Reply To: Explain the difference between CBD crude, distillate, and isolate.

Hemp Marketplace HomeForumsArchiveProcessingExplain the difference between CBD crude, distillate, and isolate.Reply To: Explain the difference between CBD crude, distillate, and isolate.

SierraGold
Participant

Rafael pretty much nailed it.
I think we could go into further detail about the chemistry of each kind of oil and how those organic compounds interact with the human body, but there’s still a great deal of research to do on that level.

I am a hemp processor and I have access to all kinds of CBD products, and I prefer the crude oil. Crude oil still has many of the lipids, waxes, fatty acids, sterols, cholesterols, chlorophyll, etc. Many of these cannabinoids and other organic compounds have health benefits in an of themselves and ironically the market wants them removed from the oil.

In my opinion, that’s where you get the most out of the entourage effect. Chlorophyll is one of the first compounds we typically remove in the refining process. Chlorophyll is a detoxifying agent that is good for your blood, skin, and joints. Raise your hand if you’re getting too much chlorophyll in your diet.
My personal belief, based on anecdotal evidence, is that the more you refine the oil, the less beneficial it is. That’s not in all cases, but generally speaking.

I don’t think isolate is bad, and it does have its uses and a legitimate market, but I think its a product that will find less and less use as the consumer begins to understand just how cannabinoids work in the body.

Be part of the growing Hemp Community. It's FREE!

Create new listings. For only a small fee.

Share stories, ask questions, discuss issues.

Feature/bump listings, be a moderator, custom emails.