Reply To: THC Delta 9 or Total THC?

Hemp Marketplace HomeForumsArchiveProduct TestingTHC Delta 9 or Total THC?Reply To: THC Delta 9 or Total THC?

Carlo Suits

These are the 3 places where you can submit your comments!:

Comments are being received until January 29th

-The Regulations.gov website

-Fax: 202-720-8938.

-Mail: Docket Clerk, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Specialty Crops Program, AMS; USDA; 1400 Independence Ave. SW, STOP 0237; Washington, DC 20250-0237.

Here are a couple more voices on this issue from the recent public comment period hosted by the USDA:

Dustin Coleman, hemp farmer, Michigan:

“Eliminating the delta-9 test for CBD will destroy the entire hemp industry, as it is now, and will prevent farmers from taking the risk in the future. The 0.3% standard was based on delta-9 testing.

As a current hemp farmer, following all rules and regulations carefully, I feel this an intentional slap in the face of the small farmers who risked it all, just for our government to introduce rules that cannot possibly be followed. Delta-9 testing should be reinstated, or new legal levels should be determined based on the advised testing”.

Jeremy Sauerssig, Minnesota:

“As a first-year hemp farmer and processor … I have quickly observed the THC levels around 1% when the CBD levels peak. This is the same for nearly all of the 12 varieties I grew.

The 0.3% limit is fine if you give 30-40 days to harvest afterward. The 15 days is fine if you raise the total THC limitations. Nowhere can I see the 0.3% and 15-day rules actually working for any geographical location”.

It is highly important that our voices are heard by the USDA.

Source Used

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Carlo Suits.

Be part of the growing Hemp Community. It's FREE!

Create new listings. For only a small fee.

Share stories, ask questions, discuss issues.

Feature/bump listings, be a moderator, custom emails.