Is it important to show your face in your marketing? Is it wise legally?

Hemp Marketplace HomeForumsArchiveLegal & LegislationIs it important to show your face in your marketing? Is it wise legally?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

It doesn’t matter if you are selling retail, wholesale or you need forklifts to move weight. Everybody knows people buy from who they like. That is exactly why people also want to see and know who they are buying from. It’s easier for them to like you when they see you and know you. That is such an important business truth and it’s a natural human desire. As human beings first, we seek personal connection, people we can trust, who are consistent and reliable, people who will help you get the results you need and walk along side you every step of the way.

When I first got into the hemp industry about 8 years ago, I was a little nervous about the legalities surrounding distribution, even though laws and provisions had been clearly established in the US. I didn’t want to miss out on a big opportunity either, but I didn’t want any trouble. I didn’t need another loser either. I needed a win.

Because of my anxiety, I stepped into the market with different aliases and personas and a smorgasbord of social media counts with different brands to protect myself. Looking back, I wish I knew different. There was literally nothing to worry about then and there isn’t now. Hemp is legal federally and it really isn’t a grey area at all, as far as I am concerned.

Now, I know to show my face in my ads, especially in the hemp world. Not only do I get more business in the short term, it helps me build my brands for the long haul. In a sea of pics of buds and oil and bad copywriting, in a market where the prices seem get lower every hour, you really want to distinguish yourself as different, as honest as transparent. There are a lot of great hemp companies that keep a low profile, but I just don’t really see the point anymore. The CBD market could be worth 16 billion dollars by 2025 according to research by Cowen.com. I know I want a share of that money. They aren’t going to just call me and start handing me money. I have to tell them who I am and what I have to sell. That is my job as a CEO, too. No problem for me. I decided a log time ago I was going to tell everyone I knew what I had to sell. For me, “showing face” is the best way to do that.

In Solidarity,

William

*Please pardon any errors in spelling or grammar as I am using a mobile device to write these posts.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Be part of the growing Hemp Community. It's FREE!

Create new listings. For only a small fee.

Share stories, ask questions, discuss issues.

Feature/bump listings, be a moderator, custom emails.